Sunday, October 17, 2010

WHEN GOD WALKED THE EARTH CHAPTER 14
God helps a call girl to develop her will to live

Roma hurriedly dressed up in a shirt and trousers, pushed a mico- mini in her office bag, then gulping down a glass of cold milk ,grabbed a mobile and walked towards the lift.God with whom she was sharing the lift wished her and gave her a friendly smile,she smiled back,she had met this new guest of Dr Mohammed often and she had taken a liking to Him one day when she would get some time she would go to Mohammed’s house and strike a friendship with the handsome hunk who called Himself God ,but at this moment she had to rush to the office because her boss must be waiting for her since he had an important meeting with an NRI client, the meeting went off well and since her boss was happy with the deal he had clinched he took her out for lunch .the rest of the day she was bust finalizing the new deal ,suddenely she heard the clock in the office ticking the hour of seven ,immediately she got up and took a cab to the disc ,quietly she went into the wash room, changed into her micro mini, wore her stilettos and walked out with a new confidence .She went to the bar ,ordered a whisky and soda and waited for her customer to arrive As she was sipping Jimmy a young man came and sat besides her ordering a similar drink, as he waited for his drink he gave her a cursory glance, then he started sipping his drink which was placed before him without a second glance at her .Roma was amazed to see his reaction, she had enough beauty to attract all types but this man was different ,he had thrown a challenge to her ,she decided that come what may she would make this man fall for her, she went close to him and said, ”shall I buy you a drink?”.
“why?” ,he quizzed ”do you want me to spend the night with you? He gave her a look over and continued,” you must be having guys dying for your company then why are you interested in buying services of a gigolos”,
“you are a gigolo ?”,she asked amazed,Jimmy nodded his head,
“men as handsome and respectable like you a gigolo I cant believe it”.
“many young men both married and unmarried collegians and office goers work as gigolos ,it is the best way to earn money without any effort, it is the easiest way to gain entry into high society”, he stopped to take a sip,” I recently won the coveted title of Mr. India and I tried to become a ramp model my aim was to become a king of the modeling work, but destiny took me nowwhere ,one day I was taking a walk on the beach when a car halted next to me and offered me a lift. She was a beautiful and a sophisticated middle aged woman ,she offered me a handsome amount to spend the night with her and my journey began in the land of sleaze. There have been times when in a single night I have to satisfy a group of 5 to 7 society ladies they call this a unique kitty party ,do you know after the orgy I feel completely drained out ,it is the lure of the money which keeps me going, today I own a pent house and an imported car because of my work”
“I am ordering a drink for myself, shall I order one for you also?”, asked Roma
“I wil have one more to give you company” ,replied Jimmy. After Roma had placed the order ,Jimmy said, ”I hate myself for what I am doing ,but I don’t see any other way to support myself I have become used to a luxurious life style and therefore to maintain it I have to continue doing what I am doing”
“besides satisfying the sexual fantasies of old and jaded women what else do you do? ”,questioned Roma
“some times along with some other gigolos I am called to strip at wedding parties and through our lewd gestures and body language we enact before the bride to be pleasures of the wedding bed ,besides I work in blue films ”,replied Jimmy
:”don’t you ever want to marry?”.
“I will marry when I find a suitable girl”
“will you continue being a gigolo even after your marriage?”
“if I don’t continue doing this how will I support my wife? being a gigolo is no longer a taboo, about fifty percent of office goers ,collegians, models and film stars work as gigolos in their spare time to supplement their incomes ”,he stopped suddenely and looking at her straight in the eyes he said, ”you have heard enough about me, now tell me about yourself”,
“I am a call girl” .she said simply
“but you don’t look like one” ,Jimmy said in an amazed tone
“neither do you look like a gigolo you are a very handsome and a classy young man any woman could give her right arm to marry you” ,said Roma
“and you yourself are very stunning in looks, what made you become a call girl?
“I was forced into it by my boss” .said Roma
“your boss ?he must be a creep ,why don’t you leave him? ”.asked Jimmy
“I can not ”,she replied sadly
“why not ,what is holding you back?”,
“I hate this profession from the bottom of my heart if it was in my hands I would leave it this very moment ,but I cant”
“you are the first lady who has told me that she hates this profession ,these days everyone is into it-the college girls .housewives, working women ,movie and TV stars ,all these girls have got into this profession to buy fashionable clothes and jewellery, swanky cars and other requisites of high life”, he was quiet for a moment and then suddenely asked her ”how much do you charge per night”.
“my charges depends upon the client if he is loaded I charge him more and if he is an ordinary executive in an office then I charge him less ,but I never charge less then rupees ten thousand per night and if he refuses to wear a condom and wants to enjoy himself then I charge an extra ten thousand rupees” ,replied Roma
“once I was invited by a friend in a posh hotel ,I found girls as young as ten years ,scantily dressed cigarettes dangling from their lips and a glass of liquor in their hands soliciting customers five times their age for a fistful of notes ,I was completely shaken to see this. The poor girls are kidnapped and made to live in hovels in narrow and dirty lanes in dingy parts of the city, they are kept under close watch day and night so that they do not run away , if some body is brave enough to try to escape, she is caught locked up in a room and thrashed mercilessly”, said Jimmy
“but what about the police ,doesn’t the police help them? ”,asked Roma
“the police are on the pay roll of the brothel owners, besides many of the top police officers are given a chance to deflower the girls before they are made available to the customers therefore they have no hope from the police”
“I have to leave now ,my customer has arrived ,we will meet up again one day, here take my address” .she gave Jimmy her visiting card and left.

It was 5 in the morning when Roma reached her home, she pulled off her stilettos ,carelessly flung her purse, swallowed a few sleeping pills and jumped into her bed. When she woke up it was ten in the morning ,she had over slept and now she would have to hear her bosses berating .She was fed up of her life ,daily she had to go through the same grind office-disc-a client then home. She hated the daily grind, she hated her lonely home ,loneliness was eating away her soul, she wanted to end her life ,she could no longer continue with the daily discretion of her body by old and lecherous men the age of her father .On the spur of the moment, she took the bottle of sleeping pills, opened the stopper and emptied the full contents in her mouth ,she swallowed them immediately with a glass of water.

When the maid came to do her household work she found the front door open, which was often since Roma almost always forgot to lock the front door since she always returned home in an inebriated state ,but when she entered the house she found Roma lying in an unconscious state on her bed
Immediately she ran to the house next door and rang the bell, God who was all alone in the house opened the door. With out much ado the maid said ,”some thing has happened to my madam, please come and help her” ,God immediately went to Roma’s house and rushed her to a hospital .On examining her the doctor found out that she had taken an over dose of sleeping pills therefore he refused to attend to her ,he told God that since she had attempted suicide she had become a police case and therefore He should inform the police about her and then only he would take up her case .God was mad with anger ,how could the doctor wait for the police when the patients condition was extremely serious, had he no heart ,was a stone place in the place of his heart which was devoid of all emotions, suppose his mother ,sister ,wife and daughter were in her place would he still wait for the police ..Before His arguments the adamant attitude of the doctor broke down and he rushed her to the operation theatre and immediately pumped out the poison from he stomach.
When Roma regained her consciousness ,she found God sitting besides her ”why did you do this? ”God asked her softly
“I could not stand the daily discretion of my body by old and lecherous men, I hated myself for doing this work, I could not even face myself in the mirror ”,replied Roma
“then why are you doing this? what compels you to tread such a path?. questioned God
“I belong to a very poor family ,we lived in a ramshackle house and when rains came we had no where to sit or sleep our whole house would float in water” ,she stopped taking in a deep breath ”my father earned very little not even sufficient to burn our home fires ,therefore I went to work as a packer in a firm where my father worked as a peon ,When his boss first saw me he offered to take me under his wing ,educate me and make me some thing ,my father agreed immediately. My boss kept his promise to my father, but he used me, daily he would ride over me and he would also send me out to entertain his friends and business colleagues.
After I grew up into a woman, he made me work in his office and look after his business and daily in the evening he made me solicit clients since he said I had to repay him for all he had spent on me besides I had become used to a life of luxury myself ,I wanted to have all the good things in life”
“you have every right to enjoy the worldly pleasures”,said God”they have been created for human beings only so that they enjoy life ,but these things should not be your driving force ,you should not base your identity and self worth with these transitory things, you must not make these external things your primary priority you are born on this earth to accomplish certain duties ,for you the fulfillment of these duties should be the ultimate way of attaining mental peace ,you have a limited time on this earth, so don’t waste it, is very precious use it rightly”,
“but what is my duty?
“you do what your mind and heart tells you to do, this approach will never let you down”
“I do not want to return to that degrading life, I know with out going back I will lose every thing but my mind is against my continuing with what I have been doing all these days ”,she stopped for a moment and then with tears in her eyes she continued in a remorseful voice, ”I am addicted to betting ,I bet on everything on cricket ,on humans on rainfall on anything once I even betted on riots. I put a few lakhs of rupees on hindu muslim riots and I had fallen so much that I started praying to God to start the riots so that I could win,but unfortunately for me,the men who had gone to start the riots were arrested by the police and a major disaster was averted,tell me why does a human being fall so low?”,she asked in a piteous voice
“it is no ones fault,this is the age of Kali where the evil rules over goodness because of this everyone is avaricious,cruel and wicked,every one eyes others money,no one wants to put in work to gain anything”said God”the majority of people in high power are
Overwhelmingly corrupt,most powerful people are on the margins of morality ,nothing seems to surprise anyone any more, being bad does not seem bad to the majority of people ,drugs, rape, strings of affairs ,being friendly with under world dons is the in thing with the high and mighty, the bad people have become the role models of everyone today, but then they are ruining their past, present and future, they are abusing their body and sooner or later it will protest and then it will be too late to repent, lighting a candle under the burning sun helps nobody”
“I am so broken and defeated I don’t think I will be able to rebuild my life again”, said Roma
“you will rebuild your life I assure you”,God said placing His hand on her hand in a loving manner” remember where there is a will, there is a way, when you are at a cross road and you don’t know where to go, turn to God, He will guide you to take the right path”
“but I have never prayed in all my life and I don’t know how to do it”
“just remember His name, any name you like. Dark forces have permeated every part of society, but you should not be overwhelmed by them, you should rather accept the challenge posed by these forces and crush them with determination, then only you can lead a happy life .A mans life on this earth is conflict ridden ,fighting battles in life is inevitable ,don’t run away from problems steel your nerves ,strengthen your will power and thern you will surely win the battle of your life ,I will narrate to you a very interesting story” ,went on God
”an old and an infirm donkey fell in a well, the washer man to whom it belonged was fed up of him and he wanted for a long time to get rid of him ,but he did not know how to go about it and when he saw him in the well struggling for life he was very happy because at last he was rid of the animal .But he wanted to take no chances therefore with the help of his sons he began to throw shovels of mud in the well to stop the donkey from escaping. The trapped animal knew that his end was near ,he started shivering and braying piteously .Suddenely a calm settled on him ,he realized he had to help himself if he wanted to escape death.
After dumping a few shovels of mud the washer man and his sons looked down in the well and were astonished at what they saw .With each shovel of mud which fell on his back the donkey shook it off and took a step upwards, as they continued to put in the earth the animal would shake it off and continue moving up, pretty soon ,the animal stepped over the edge of the well and nonchalantly walked away
Mans life on earth is like that of the donkey, you should tackle your destiny with a calm and a collected mind, engage yourself in the battle of life and continue fighting till you win. Everyone has to fight his battle daily, you should tackle both your internal and external enemies and defeat them both ,you can get out of the deepest well of despair by staying calm, shaking off the problems and moving up like the donkey .I hope you have understood me and you are now ready to face the world” ,asked God
“I shall take the lesson of the donkey ,I shall like him stay calm even in the most trying circumstances, shake off my problems and move up in life”
“that’s like my girl” .God stood up and walked out of her room and the hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment