Sunday, October 17, 2010

WHEN GOD WALKED THE EARTH CHAPTER 23
God eats with a beggar his frugal fare of dal and rice

Since God had started earning through His modeling assignments He shifted His base from Mohammeds house much against his wishes He purchased a ground floor flat in the western suburbs which had a patch of greenery. God fell immediately in love with it because of the patch of greenery, in it grew flowers ,fruits and vegetables. God loved this place, every morning at crack of dawn He went to tend his plants and play with his feathered friends.
God had nothing especial to do on that day therefore he decided to meet Hs friend Dr Mohammed whom He had not met recently .But on reaching His clinic He learnt that the doctor had gone to attend an emergency .God waited for some time and still when there was no sign of him ,He left. Since it was well past lunch time, he started feeling hungry and tired and therefore sat down on a bench by the road side. A crippled beggar was already sitting on the bench God went and sat besides him .The beggar was eating his frugal meal of dal and rice, Seeing God he stopped eating and asked Him” will you share my dal and rice with me? ”when God made no reply, the beggar continued,” I can see on your face that you are hungry ,here open your mouth I will feed you with my own hands so that you do not spoil your hands” then picking up a small ball of rice in his hand he took it to His mouth to feed Him, God was about to open His mouth to receive the food, when Goddess Laxshami appeared before Him with a thali loaded with difffrent and varied types of dishes.
“lord eat this food I have especially made for you .I can not allow you to eat from this beggars hands?, he is dirty and his food looks as dirty as he himself, you will be sick my lord if you eat his offerings”, said the Goddess
“will you leave me alone, let me look after myself” .God was irritated, Goddess knew that no one could change Gods mind ,so quietly she left. No sooner the Goddess left, then Kamdhenu the cow of desire stood before God, ”my lord I am at your service”
“but I didn’t summon you did I?”, God asked in an annoyed voice
“I can not bear to see the lord of all creation to be hungry, I will bring you all the delicacies of heaven”.
“please leave me alone and be gone this moment ”,God commanded angrily. then God looked at the beggar kindly and said “you have not fed me”
“but sir when I brought the food to your mouth, you did not open it, I think you were lost in thought wether to accept my food or not, wether it is prepared in clean circumstances or not .Sir I promise you I have prepared this food with utmost care, early in the morning I take my bath ,then I prepare food, offer it to God and then I pack the food for myself”
“I know your food must be delicious, the aroma is so over powering I can not stop myself from eating it ”,replied God kindly
With great love and affection the beggar fed God and as he was feeding Him ,the beggar clutched his stomach and started moaning in pain ,God immediately rushed the beggar to the hospital across the road The doctor on duty checked the beggar and started giving him an injection
“is the injection okay? ”.God asked the doctor
“what do you mean?”the doctor asked angrily
“I mean is it genuine injection or is it a counterfeit one”? ”asked God

“t believe me sir t his injection is genuine ,his pain will vanish in no time with this injection” .said the doctor
God didn’t like the look of the doctor, therefore he did not want to trust him, ”will you take this injection if you get stomach pain? ”God put the question to him
“what a silly question to ask, now allow me to do my duty, I have plenty of patients to attend to” ,the doctor replied in an irritated voice
“I repeat again will you take this injection if you get stomach pain?” ,God repeated His question.
“I have no pain so there is no question of me taking this injection” ,replied the doctor ,God gave him a piercing look and in an instant the doctor got acute tummy ache ,the doctor dropped the injection and started moaning loudly
“whats wrong with you, why are you moaning? ”.asked God
“I have got acute stomach pain” ,the doctor said gasping with pain
“don’t worry your pain will vanish this very moment if you will take the injection you were administering to my friend ,here take this injection and inject it in your body” ,God said handing him the injection
“no, no I can not use this injection” .the doctor threw the injection away as if it was a poisonous snake, ’this is not a real injection,it is counterfeit injection it can even kill”,the doctor said in a frightened tone
“and knowing this that the injection was not genuine you were injecting this poison into the poor mans body, when you can not give life then who gives you the permission of taking away live’ s? are human lives so cheap in your eye’ s” ,asked God
“no sir human life is certainly not cheap in my eyes, but what I am doing is not my fault, the fault lies with the higher authorities they buy these medicines from dubious sources and ask us to use them, if anyone protests and refuse to tow the line, he is sacked and with this recession how can any one survive without money ”,said the doctor
“you are right in your way ,but if you want success in life you should maintain your character ,on no account you should lie, you start with small lies, but the problem with lies is that very soon that lie becomes a big lie and they become out of control ,honesty is the most important factor which takes you towards success and success gets you respect and with respect you get wealth ,be strong and forsake dishonesty, strong people always face great opposition ,people will try to discourage you and walk all over you, but there are also some people who will be drawn towards your honesty
“I am sorry sir for all that I have done, from now onwards I will never be a party to these unlawful activities you have truly instilled sense in my dulled mind” ,the doctor said in a humble voice .Seeing him truly repentant, God relieved him of pain
“many people ask me why there is so much suffering in the world”. said God, ”good and evil befall man according to their deeds Heaven sends down misery or happiness according to a mans own conduct, what ever is a mans desire so is his destiny ,for as his desire is so is his will ,and as his will is so are his deeds and as his deeds are so are his rewards, wether his reward is good or bad depends upon his karmas ,every act wether it is mental or physical leads to a karmic result therefore unknowingly or knowingly you should not do any thing which will not only spoil this birth of yours but also your next birth”, said God.
“from this very moment I will walk the right path ”,promised the doctor. At that moment a patient came to the doctor and showed him his xray report.The doctot looked at the xray and told the patient that he would require surgery which would cost him a few lakhs. God who had not left ,looked at the doctor in the face, feeling greatly embarrassed he retracted his statement and told the patient, ”I am extremely sorry I was wrong ,you require a course of tablets which I am writing down ,don’t worry you will be alright within a week” The doctor wrote down the prescription and handed it to the patient, then turning to God he said, ”sir habits die hard ,I am a born offender but I promise on my only child that I will become an honest man”
“I hope you will keep your promise ”,said God
“I will sir ,I will, believe me ,said the doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment